Traveling while pregnant can be fun, but it isn't always easy. Sitting for long periods of time can be very uncomfortable for your whole body. Choosing clothing that looks great and is comfortable to wear might seem overwhelming, but my easy tips for what to pack - and what to leave at home - will have you traveling in style.
* Don't leave home without one basic white and one basic black fitted t-shirt or tank for layering. Most maternity t-shirts and tanks are extra-long and stretch over your belly, so they are super-comfortable and slimming.
* Lots of accessories: Accessorize with a long lightweight sweater, long colorful scarf and add a few long silver necklaces and a big cuff.
* Pair any t-shirt or tank with chic and great fitting maternity jeans - an essential part of your maternity wardrobe. Splurge on straight or boot-cut stretchy jeans like J-Brand maternity jeans that have super-soft elastic panels on each side of the waistband built in for room to grow throughout your nine months and beyond. Always pair jeans with a sexy platform shoe or wedge so your legs look extra long.
* A pair of black leggings is a must-have when you're pregnant and traveling. Wear with a form-fitting tunic and a pair of gold hoops.
* Steal a celebrity trend like form-fitting maxi-dresses that flatter your growing figure. Look for tank-style straps and a scoop or V neckline to show off your bust. Accessorize with a bright turquoise chunky necklace, or a multi-strand silver necklace with a stack of bangles, and a sexy high heel or strappy low wedge.Don't Pack:
* Fussy tops or dresses. Ruffles, big sleeves or distracting details are the worst.
* Clothes that are too big. Don't buy tops that are too big for you, as they will just make you look larger. Avoid wide leg pants or A- line skirts, too. Straight-leg jeans, fitted dresses and skirts will always flatter a pregnant body.
* Flip flops or flats. Stick with low wedges or shoes with a slight platform.
Lauren Maslin has spent the past 15 years of her career as a celebrity stylist. Lauren discovered consignment shopping at an early age in order to dress in the brands she adored but could often not afford. It was a logical progression that led her to a career in fashion. In addition to serving as the stylist for Jon Stewart on "The Daily Show," she regularly works in New York and Los Angeles with a wide range of celebrities. While Lauren is extremely proud of her career highlights, her favorite role is being a mother to her son Jake. Although Lauren's pregnancy was filled with joy and optimism, she found it frustrating to maintain her pre-pregnancy style without breaking the bank. Her financial priorities were now directed towards her expectant baby's needs, not the designer labels. However, she wished for both and was determined to find a way to make that happen. She founded Encore Maternity - designer maternity clothes on consignment - and the rest is history!